They would need to purchase Facebook and Twitter and the rest of the social competitors to gain full control.
What’s stopping them are US anti-trust laws that would prohibit them from gobbling up competitors and becoming the monopoly.
what are anti-trust laws
They could purchase all those companies and become Skynet, but there are too many people out there that don”t want that to happen -and for really, really good reasons.
When you are the only person or company in a marketplace, you have full power over your products and consumers have little to no influence over how you do business. Doesn’t matter if your service is bad, you charge too much, or if things are difficult to use, because there’s no alternative.
- Is there any kind of social networking website specifically for the U.S. real estate industry?
- Do you think an IT company should allow social media surfing like Facebook or Twitter as part of their Internet usage policy?
- Comment obtenir rapidement des abonnés Instagram gratuits?
- Comment se passe la vie sans réseaux sociaux comme Facebook et WhatsApp?
- Are there any economists working in the field of social networks and network theory?
I love Google products, it’s no secret if you read my answers here on Quora, but I for one LOVE that Google has some competition. It’s good for me, the consumer, and good for the company as it forces them to innovate and continually make their products better.